About Me

My photo
This is me. Not much to say. I think there is nothing better in the world than having a good friend that you can have an entire conversation with and never say a word. I love to read. Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson are two of my favorite authors. I am not afraid to choose a book by an unknown author if the title catches my eye. If my kitchen was not so small I would have people over all the time and cook for them. I love to try new meals and make new things. Life without a pet is not a full life in my opinion. I have one dog – Sasha. Could not imagine not having her there every day to shed all over my house and get in my way and be totally excited when I got home from work. She knows when to jump on my lap and just be there when I have a bad day. People need to give animals more credit and everyone should own one.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Allergy Update

Well Sasha is allergic to 16 different inhalants. I am not even going to try and list them all. Lets just say she is allergic to some very common things, one being Blue Grass. Now tell me, is there a yard out there that does not have Blue Grass in it. Probably not.

So I have started to give Sasha shots. I have to give her two at a time because one shot can only hold 12 inhalants. Right now the shots are every 3 days soon to be 7 then 14 days apart then someday we will only have to do this every 21 to 30 days. I can't wait for those days. With spring right around the corner I really hope this helps her.

The routine consists of Benadryl 45 minutes before the shots then the shots then watching her for at least 2 hours to make sure she does not react negatively to them.

So far she accepts the shots very good (probably because she knows she is getting a treat for not biting me) but I sure feel like a bad dog owner every time I stick a needle in her. And lets just hope no one decides to go through my garbage with all the used needles in there it might look like I have taken up a new extracurricular activity. Yeah not a chance on that one.

1 comment:

Kath- said...

Oh poor baby that just sucks that she has to go through that.