About Me

My photo
This is me. Not much to say. I think there is nothing better in the world than having a good friend that you can have an entire conversation with and never say a word. I love to read. Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson are two of my favorite authors. I am not afraid to choose a book by an unknown author if the title catches my eye. If my kitchen was not so small I would have people over all the time and cook for them. I love to try new meals and make new things. Life without a pet is not a full life in my opinion. I have one dog – Sasha. Could not imagine not having her there every day to shed all over my house and get in my way and be totally excited when I got home from work. She knows when to jump on my lap and just be there when I have a bad day. People need to give animals more credit and everyone should own one.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My new deck

So I am a little behind but here it is, the deck my dad built me. It is so perfect for my little house. I can't wait until next summer when I can sit back and enjoy it. Thanks Dad, I am still loving it.



I think it will be a while until Sasha can lounge on it again in the sun...It is now covered in snow. Maybe it will melt and she can go back to enjoying it.

Also, I finally got my screen door and the construction for the year is officially over. Thank goodness. This summer was a busy one but it is all done even the electricity in the garage and the new garage door opener. I have only had it for 4 days but I can't remember what it was like without it. Thanks again dad for installing it. I was glad you could take the time to install it during a Vikings game (don't worry I won't mention how they lost to THE BEARS!)

Well that is all I have for now...

3 comments:

Kath- said...

The deck looks awesome. I will have to come join you for a beer on there next summer!!!

Angelina Garcia said...

Your deck looks great! The light-colored wood compliments that of the walls. Sasha is so cute in that picture of her on the deck! I hope that your deck has made it through some of the worst weather we’ve had in a long time and still looks this good!

Barrett Elmore said...

Your deck is beautiful! I think it would look even better if you have built a low fence around it. It would give you the comfort of privacy and security even when you’re outside. Anyway, is that the natural color of the wood? I think a stain would make the deck look even more interesting.