About Me

My photo
This is me. Not much to say. I think there is nothing better in the world than having a good friend that you can have an entire conversation with and never say a word. I love to read. Nicholas Sparks and James Patterson are two of my favorite authors. I am not afraid to choose a book by an unknown author if the title catches my eye. If my kitchen was not so small I would have people over all the time and cook for them. I love to try new meals and make new things. Life without a pet is not a full life in my opinion. I have one dog – Sasha. Could not imagine not having her there every day to shed all over my house and get in my way and be totally excited when I got home from work. She knows when to jump on my lap and just be there when I have a bad day. People need to give animals more credit and everyone should own one.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Garden Shed

Last fall Chris put in off the back lot a huge - wonderful garden plot for me. After mid-February when all of my stuff moved to IA we started talking about how the extra space is shrinking. A couple weekends ago it was to the point where Chris had to move a ton of crap (mostly my garden stuff) in the shed to get his motorcycle out.
Time to do something.
So we headed to Menards to look at sheds or some sort of storage unit. That is when Chris decided he could build a much better shed than anything we could purchase so two weeks ago we bought the supplies.
The entire time I was wondering when would this shed actually get built due to the fabulous weather we have had and his work load filling up fast. Wednesday night he told me he had a surprise for me...
I pulled into the yard on Friday night to a half built shed! He poured the floor on Monday - no clue - never said anything to me.
He just told me he had a very busy week. Yes he did if this is how he spent his evenings after a full day of work!
Saturday morning we headed back to Menards for a few extra things and then headed home to work. Thank goodness this is not a HUGE shed so Chris could shingle it himself...as you all know I am worthless on a roof. Little hard to shingle with shaking knees.
Do you like the color I picked out? Chris said either paint it or we can wrap it in Tyvek...No more Tyvek...PLEASE!!!
Okay just kidding on the last picture...it was only the primer. I picked a very dark brown and even though I did not have time to paint the entire shed this weekend I did get the front painted before the doors went on just so I could see what it will look like.
I love it and I think Chris loves having a place to put all my crap. Now he does not have to trip over it all the time. He is still building me a work bench and a place to hang tools but for the most part the shed is complete. I can not wait until the next time I am in IA so I can organize it...Oh yeah, sorry Chris...I can't wait until the next time I am in IA so I can see you!!!
(And organize my shed) :)

No comments: